Are you searching for truly unique and picturesque wedding locations abroad?
Well help may be at hand! In April 2006 the UK's Independent Newspaper published their pick of the 50 best and most picturesque places to get married.
Being a British Newspaper there were quite a few home grown favourites, however a staggering 22 out of the top 50 were locations abroad - i.e. not in the United Kingdom or Ireland.
Listed below are The Independent's pick of the best locations abroad. I have left their original rankings so you can see where they ranked in the complete list.
And just in case you are wondering, the honours given by The Independent for the top wedding location went to the Westminster Register Office in London. Beautiful yes.but Number 1, I am not so sure!
5. Ice Hotel, Quebec
9. Torre Palazzone, Tuscany
10. One&Only Palmilla, Mexico
13. Intercontinental, Hong Kong
15. Hamwari Game Reserve, South Africa
17. Leibig Dome Showfield, New Zealand
19. La Preghiera, Umbria
20. Plantation Beach, Tobago
22. Ferris Wheel, Vienna
23. Four Seasons Hotel, New York
25. The Great Wall Of China
27. Surfing Paradise, Hawaii
30. Parrot Cay, Turks & Caicos
33. Schonbrunn Palace, Vienna
35. Mandai Orchid Garden, Singapore
37. Grapevine Canyon Ranch, Arizona
40. Goldeneye, Jamaica
42. Sunsail's Club Colonna, Antigua
43. Hotel Villa La Massa, Florence
45. Lizard Island, Australia
48. Graceland Wedding Chapel, Las Vegas
50. Pimalai Resort & Spa, Koh Lanta, Thailand
Do you get married or are you planning your wedding at one of above wedding locations abroad? If so, I would love to hear from you. Let me know why you agree with The Independent that your destination belongs in the top 50 wedding locations.